* Ensure you are not displaying any symptoms of Covid - 19 on the day of your event, or have been in touch with anyone displaying the same symptoms in the past 14 days also your client, before starting. Take the necessary steps if either parties are, as recommended in the current Government Guidelines.
* Following the current Government Guidelines, ensure you wash/sanitise your hands between each person painted, and your chair and kit are suitably cleaned.
* Ensure those that are being painted have washed/ sanitised their hands previously. You can provide these yourself if preferred.
Only use face paint products that comply with EU & FDA regulations, containing Anti - Microbials.
Check and read carefully the manufacturers recommendations on each product.
* Please practice the current Government Guidelines regarding the use of PPE. Visors, masks.
It is advisable to ask whether a child/adult has had their face painted before, in case of potential allergic reactions.
* Ensure to ask the adult/ parent or child if they have any symptoms of Covid - 19, they should not be painted if they do.
Children/adults with a cold sore, eczema, open cut, conjunctivitis and other infectious conditions should not be painted.
Ensure the person's face is clean before painting.
It is not recommended that children under the age of 3yrs are painted on the face, as per manufacturer's guidelines.
It is recommended that children aged 2 to 3 years have a small design hand or arm, and only if they are happy with this.
It is recommended that painters use a clean sponge per person. * If the sponge needs reloading with paint, use a fresh clean one.
*It is recommended that brushes are appropriately cleaned in between each person painted as per manufacturer's guidelines.
* It is recommended that paints are cleaned between each person painted as per manufacturer's guidelines.
Change face painting water frequently. * Use fresh water per person painted.
Maintaining a high standard of personal and Kit cleanliness is essential. * Wash your clothes immediately after the event. A full kit clean post event is necessary as soon as possible.
Only use cosmetic grade glitter.
Ensure all cleaning/disinfection products used are in line with your paints and brushes manufacturers guidelines.
It is recommended to advise clients to remove face paint with mild soap and water, and if staining occurs to use a gentle emollient to lift it off
All FACE Members hold full Public Liability Insurance and are professional face painters of a high standard having passed a certification process to become a Member.
FACE Members professional standards are reviewed annually.
The points with * specifically refer to the current Covid - 19 pandemic, and therefore can change over a period of time. This Code of Practice will be amended accordingly. Please check website for most up to date version
*It is recommended to keep up to date with current Government Guidelines and to work within those